A New Level Tennis Academy Programs
A New Level Tennis Academy uses all the latest methods from around the world. All programs have strict limits on numbers to maximise players’ improvement. Programs include:
- Skills Tennis is all about giving children the “skills” they will need to continue through their various levels of development. The “Skills” Program uses the latest research from around the world of child and athlete development.
- Children learn Balance, Hand-Eye Coordination, Perception skills, reflexes and more.
- Skills Tennis uses modified equipment to help young children improve faster.
- A New Level Tennis Academy can show you practice drills to work on at home for faster improvement.
- Skills Tennis helps all sports as well as children’s general co ordination.
- During wet weather, Skills Classes do a gym session to develop skills that help tennis.
- Skills Tennis has a maximum of 6 bookings per class which means each class will have about 4 children each week.
- This Tennis Australia program has prizes, competitions and more. Check out http://www.tennis.com.au/play-tennis/mlc-tennis-hot-shots For more info.
- Play in Hot Shots Tournaments.
Group Lessons (6 – 12 years): Groups have a limit of 8 bookings per class. This means that most weeks a group will have 5 to 6 children in it. This allows the coach to provide a more personal approach than with most tennis schools.
- Group lessons are fun and social. The “Games based” teaching method is used.
- All aspects of the game are taught and players are prepared to play competition or to have a good quality social game.
- During wet weather groups do a gym session to develop coordination and athleticism so they can play better when back on court.
Teen Tennis: This is the same as our group lessons but for 13 to 17 year olds. By this age many children have progressed to Squad and Private Training. However many children also wish to continue playing tennis just for fun.
- Join a group or make your own.
- You need to try out or be invited.
- Squads range from 45minutes (5 to 8 years), 1.5 hours or 2.5 hours (9 years plus).
- Squads players receive uniforms and tournament support.
- 2.5 hour squad includes 30 minutes fitness training.
- On rainy days squads do gym work to keep developing skills that will help them play better when on the court.
- Fitness is on court, in gym and on beach. Check out the Fitness section.
- Last week of each term is “Fun Day” Children have tennis plus a fun activity which still develops skills such as balance, strength and reflexes. At Pacific Bay we are lucky to have Zip Circus and Time Out Xperiences within walking distance of the courts. Check activities at www.zipcircus.com.au & www.timeoutxperiences.com.au
- The fastest way to learn. It’s just you and the coach.
- Make it a semi private by inviting a friend or two.
- You can invite as many friends as you like.
- You share the cost, there is no extra charge for more people but the less people, the faster you will learn.
- Get a great workout without being a great player.
- It’s all GO GO GO, each participant has a heart rate monitor to measure how many calories burnt in a session, how long your heart rate was “in the zone” and how fast your heart rate recovers.
- It’s great fun and done to music.
- Bring your friends, join a group or start your own group.
For more info go to www.cardiotennis.com
A New Level Tennis Academy will organise TOURS where you can train with the top coaches in the world or you can be trained using the same methods in Australia. See the articles including the trip to Spain.